Event Sponsorship Program
Visit Yolo’s Sponsorship Program for Events and Marketing Projects
Visit Yolo’s Sponsorship Program
Visit Yolo is committed to increasing hotel nights in Davis, Winters, Woodland and unincorporated Yolo County. To this end, we offer sponsorships to events, conferences and other marketing projects that occur in these communities.
Sponsorships are awarded once per quarter. The deadlines for applications are:
Applicants are notified of awarded sponsorships approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
Visit Yolo gives priority to multi-day events or projects that generate hotel nights, but may occasionally support other projects that show extraordinary value in promoting the communities within Yolo County to travelers and tourists.
Requirements: To receive a sponsorship from Visit Yolo, an event or project must:
- Take place in Davis, Winters, Woodland or unincorporated Yolo County
- Have a marketing/public relations plan to promote the project or event to visitors
- Promote to visitors from outside Yolo County
- Have mechanisms in place for measuring the success of the project, like website analytics
- Receive at least 50% of its funding from other sources besides Visit Yolo
Disqualified Projects: Visit Yolo does not sponsor the following types of projects:
- Projects that are controversial or in conflict with Visit Yolo’s mission and values
- Events not open to the general public
- Political rallies, fundraisers or conferences
- Fundraisers or marketing projects for schools, libraries, scouts or other groups with a predominately local constituency
- Fundraisers to support individuals or families
- Events solely benefiting religious organizations
- Direct advertising for a specific business
TYPES OF SUPPORT: Visit Yolo can also provide non-monetary event or marketing support that may include the following:
- Negotiating with Yolo County hotels for hotel packages and room blocks
- Promoting the project through Visit Yolo’s owned channels (website, newsletter, social media)
- Providing maps, brochures and/or promotional items to the project or event
- Sharing event planning tools and resources
- Assisting planners in finding appropriate venues inside the county
- Advising first-time event planners on logistics and marketing
Visit Yolo does not fundraise or solicit sponsors for events.
To apply for a sponsorship please download the form and return to Mo@visityolo.com